We have family mediation centres across Gloucestershire and Worcestershire. If you would like to find out where your nearest centre is please Contact us for more information.
What is family mediation?
Family mediation offers you the opportunity to settle disputes and make difficult decisions. This can include parenting and child arrangements, divorce, separation, finances and dividing assets.
Often people think family mediation is only for those who wish to resolve family disputes around children or divorce. Mediation is also suitable for discussions about finances, unmarried couples, grandparents and complex family disputes, and can include multiple family members. This list is not exhaustive. Access Mediation Services family mediators will take their time to see whether family mediation is the right process for you.
Our family mediators can provide you with information about separation and divorce processes, however we do not give advice but we will work with you to find the next steps.
Benefits of Access Mediation Services’s family mediation
- Faster, cheaper and more flexible than going to court
- Puts you in control of the outcome rather than the courts
- Can improve ongoing relationships between parents
- It is voluntary so you can end it at any time
- Can improve communication
- Provides you with a safe space to speak openly
- Easier on the children when parents are amicable
- Less confrontational than going to court
- Recognises the past whilst focusing on the future
- Can re-build trust
All of our family mediators are registered with the Family Mediation Council and the College of Mediators.